Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My Daily Quiet Time





Every morning since i have arrived in Argentina, i spend an hour with God. I read from the Bible, i write notes / thoughts, i pray. But mostly, i sit and listen. I listen for that still small voice of God. Not the thundering deep voice you might remember from the Ten Commandments movie, but that still small voice that comes.  And every morning, God speaks.

I have been writing the themes God has been speaking in my journal and capturing the overall theme as a word or two and writing it on my hand. To remind me, throughout the day, what God is speaking to me.

I want to share with you from this week the word(s) and the scripture that God gave me. Its not important to you what God specifically was speaking to me in these times, but i will share the themes.  Maybe you too can be encouraged. But mostly, maybe you will realize God wants to speak to you. He has words just for you...today. Everyday. The question is...are you listening?


10/8 - Trust
Isaiah 26:3, romans 15:13, Proverbs 3:5-6

10/9 - Costly Offering
Luke 21:1-4
All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.


No comments:

Post a Comment